ATL-SFO

Shannon was in San Francisco over the weekend to attend JartFest 2008 and do a little sloping on the CA coast. You can see a pretty cool video of the festivities here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6161826426448652013

Here is some information about what a JART is and some background information. http://www.jartworld.com/

This was a very specific trip I took and made me question my SANITY once I got to San Fran. I flew there and back in the same day.
I left ATL Saturday morning at 8:00 A.M. Reached the slope site (Thorton Beach) via the BART and a local slope pilot by noon. I was able to fly and hang out till the sun went down. The costal lift is really SMOOTH compared to the conditions I typically fly in here in GA and AL. I caught a ride back to the airport from one of the local slope fliers and boarded a 10:30 flight back to ATL. This put me landing in ATL on Sunday morning about 6:30-7:00. So pretty much 24 hours after I left ATL on my little adventure I made it back home pretty exhausted but all grins from a successful trip. Slope soaring is like surfing, its kind of like getting something for nothing. I doubt too many people would understand it but it is a hobby I really enjoy. Non- Revving makes a "rediculous" trip like this possible, not something just anybody would go out and do.

Comments