Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ATL-COS

Sunrise at the Broadmoor
I attended a conference in Colorado Springs this week, and it was a truly fabulous experience. We stayed at the beautiful Broadmoor, surrounded by the gorgeous Rocky Mountains and it was amazing. I rarely make time for my own continuing education, what with work and travel schedules for other meetings, it can get crazy fast. But I'm glad I made time for this one. It was really great, with some exceptional educational sessions and really great thought leaders facilitating. I'm coming back with plenty of great ideas!  

View through Siamese Rock
On Monday morning, there was a sunrise photography session, so I woke up super early and met the other brave souls willing to freeze their tookus off for a great photo, and we had a great time. We got tips from a pro, and captured some really beautiful images of sunrise at the Broadmoor.

On Tuesday afternoon I had some free time, so a new friend and I hiked around the Garden of the Gods all afternoon, enjoying gorgeous blue skies, sunshine and amazing red rock formations. While some of the trail markings (or lack thereof) were pretty hysterical and the maps not quite as accurate as one would hope, we had an awesome time. I'd highly recommend it!   
Garden of the Gods
You can view all my photos here. I haven't had a chance to weed through or edit any of these yet, so please forgive the redundancy!

No comments: